Period of study:
– 1 academic year, full time, for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Pop and Jazz – Trombone;
– 2 academic years, full time, for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in another major.
A total of 60 credits per academic year is required to receive a Master’s degree. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Academic major; Playing with orchestra, combo and band; Improvisation; Composition; History of art
Elective: Arrangement; Praxis in music teaching; Methods of Teaching;
Optional: Sound equipment and computer music software; Jazz dances; Foreign language; Sports.
The graduates acquire professional qualification as:
– Instrumentalists – soloists and orchestra members in pop and jazz combo groups, big-bands, variety shows, musical formations with theater and show programs, musical shows, theatrical and television productions, music and video clips, etc.;.
– Participants in operetta and opera orchestras, chamber ensembles and symphony orchestras;
– Arrangers, orchestrators, studio musicians, etc.;
— Specialists in media, radio and press companies holding positions as music editors, music critics, musical equipment operators, hosts of specialized programs and shows, producers, senior administrative staff, etc.
– Composers of genre and applied music;
– Opportunities for creative work in the spheres of composing, improvisation and arrangement;
– Teachers at schools of music and other institutes providing education in musical disciplines.
– Lecturers in methods of teaching and pedagogic practice in the field of pop and jazz art;
– Fellows in music at higher education institutions.