Period of study: 4 academic years, full time.
A total of 240 credits is required to receive a Bachelor’s degree, i.e. 60 credits for each year of full-time study. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Academic major; Singing with combo and orchestra; Mandatory piano; Improvisation; Acting skills; Vocal ensembles; Solfeggio; Harmony; Study of musical instruments; History of music; Musical analysis; History of jazz; History of pop music, Polyphony, Phonology; Ethnomusicology; Musical aesthetics; Microphone technique
Elective: Stage speech and art of speech; Performance and stage skills; History of Bulgarian music; Sound equipment; Studio equipment; Musical management
Optional: Basics of multimedia; Jazz dances; Foreign language; Sports.
The graduates acquire professional qualification as:
– Performing singers appearing in concerts, festivals, clubs, etc;
– Participants in musical-theatrical performances – operettas, musicals, show programs, theatrical and television productions, music and video clips, etc.;.
– Participants in sound recording and studio sessions;
– Specialists in media, radio and press companies holding positions as music editors, musical equipment operators, hosts of specialized programs and shows, etc.
– Composers of genre and applied music
– Teachers at schools of music and other institutes providing education in musical disciplines.