Period of study: 4 academic years, full time.
A total of 240 credits is required to receive a Bachelor’s degree, i.e. 60 credits for each year of full-time study. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Academic major; Orchestral ensembles; Combo groups; Mandatory piano; Improvisation; Solfeggio; Harmony; Study of musical instruments; Orchestration; History of music; History of jazz; History of pop music, Polyphony; Ethnomusicology; Musical aesthetics; Musical analysis;
Elective: Piano (guitar) accompaniment; Additional instrument; History of Bulgarian music; Sound equipment; Studio praxis; Microphone technique; Musical acoustics; Philosophy; Musical management; Church music; Vocal ensembles; Music psychology; Methods of teaching music;
Optional: Studio equipment; Basics of multimedia; Jazz dances; Foreign language; Sports.
The graduates acquire professional qualification as:
– Instrumentalists – soloists and orchestra members in pop and jazz combo groups, big-bands, variety shows, musical formations with theater and show programs, musical shows, etc.
– Participants in operetta and opera orchestras, chamber ensembles and symphony orchestras;
– Creative artists in the spheres of composition, improvisation and arrangement;
— Specialists in media, radio and press companies holding positions as music editors, music critics, musical equipment operators, hosts of specialized programs and shows, producers, etc.
– Composers of genre and applied music;
– Teachers at schools of music and other institutes providing education in musical disciplines;
– Participants in musical-theatrical performances – operettas, musicals, shows, theatrical and television productions, music and video clips, etc.