Period of study: 4 academic years, full time.
A total of 240 credits is required to receive a Bachelor’s degree, i.e. 60 credits for each year of full-time study. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Piano – academic major, Chamber music, Piano accompaniment; Solfeggio,
Harmony; Polyphony; Methods of teaching music.
Elective: Study of musical instruments, History of the instrument, History of music, History of Bulgarian music; Ethnomusicology; Praxis in music teaching; Musical analysis; Musical aesthetics, Methods of piano accompaniment; Accompanying praxis.
Optional: Foreign language; Sports.
Professional qualifications and career opportunities:
– To perform as soloists, chamber music instrumentalists, accompanists, members of various musical ensembles;
– To train students in piano and chamber music at children’s music schools, secondary vocational schools, secondary schools of music, etc.
– To teach the subject of Music at secondary comprehensive and vocational schools after passing the exams in the course package for the Musical Pedagogy major in the Theory, Composition and Conducting Faculty;
– To do research work in the field of instrumental and performing art;
– To lead various amateur and professional instrumental groups;
– To carry out all activities requiring higher musical education.