Length of study: 4 academic years, a full-time basis
– Required: Introduction to Music Theory, Conducting a Choir from Piano Scores I, Pedagogy, Training Choir, Organology, Philosophy, Music History, foreign language, Solfege, Piano, ongoing music pedagogy workshop, Choral Studies, Inclusive Education, Harmony (Counterpoint), Conducting a Choir from Piano Scores II, Psychology, Aesthetics of Music, Information and Communication Technologies in Training and Work in Digital Environment, Educational Psychology, Classroom Observation, Methodology of Music Education at Kindergarten, project in Pedagogy: Development and defence of thesis (annual term paper), current Teacher Training Practice, Methodology of Music Education, Methods of Teaching Music at the primary school level (up to 10 years), Internship, Methodology of Music Education at the middle school level (up to 14), History of Bulgarian Music, Music Analysis, Ethics, Music Psychology, preparation of a thesis with a primary supervisor.
– Electives A: Subjects covering Pedagogy, Psychology and particular areas of Didactics: Education and Training Methods, Song Repertoire in School, Perception and Influence of Music, Pedagogy, Spare Time and the Music as a Factor, Spectrum of Musical Impact, Rhythm and Metrics in Music Education, Music Education and the Lifelong Learning Initiative: Music and Andragogy, Music as a Factor in Inclusive Education, Philosophy and Psychology of Gaming, Contemporary Methods of Teaching Music, Music Didactics and Music Learning Material, Music Linguistics and Music Pedagogy.
– Electives B: Interdisciplinary and applied-experimental subjects: Musical Instrument, Singing, Musical Folklore, Polyphony, Contemporary Science and Music, Academic Writing, Latin Language and Music, History of Aesthetics, Bulgarian Language for Foreigners.
– Optional: Sports, Musical Instrument, Singing, Foreign Language(s)
Method of Graduation: Practical state-mandated exam and master’s thesis defence.
– To work as Music Teachers at schools within the pre-school, primary and secondary school education system; to manage or teach at music schools; to guide and manage various music creating groups; to work at any institutions where music is taught – to positions such as teachers, lecturers, conductors of non-professional music performing groups.