Period of study: 4 academic years, full time.
A total of 240 credits is required to receive a Bachelor’s degree, i.e. 60 credits for each year of study. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Musical theatre directing; Acting techniques; Mandatory piano; Dance skills; Rhythm skills; Stage speech; Opera workshop; Elementary theory of music; Solfeggio; Harmony; Polyphony; History of music; Opera dramaturgy; History of Bulgarian music; Introduction to musical theatre; Vocal methodology
Elective: Fencing; Individual piano rehearsals; Stage makeup; Stage combat; Historical dances; Study of styles; Study of musical instruments; Phonology; Ethnomusicology; Italian; German; Russian;
Optional: English; French; Dancesport; Sports
Professional qualifications and career opportunities:
– Professional qualification – Musical theatre director;
– Musical theatre directors at opera, operetta and dramatic theaters;
– To stage opera, operetta and musical productions;
– To teach the subject at music education institutes;
– To hold expert positions in the spheres of education, science and arts;
– To work as freelancers.