Period of study: 4 academic years, full time.
A total of 240 credits is required to receive a Bachelor’s degree, i.e. 60 credits for each year of full-time study. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Harp – academic major; Chamber music; Mandatory piano; Synchronization; Symphony orchestra; Solfeggio; Harmony; Polyphony;
Elective: Study of musical instruments; History of the instrument; History of music; History of Bulgarian music; Ethnomusicology; Methods of teaching music; Praxis in music teaching, Musical analysis; Musical aesthetics, Orchestral problems.
Optional: Foreign language; Sports.
Professional qualifications and career opportunities:
– To perform as soloists, chamber music instrumentalists, soloists and members of symphony and opera orchestras and other musical ensembles;
– To train students in harp and chamber music at children’s music schools, secondary vocational schools, secondary schools of music, etc.
– To teach the subject of Music at secondary comprehensive and vocational schools after passing the exams in the course package for the Pedagogy of Music Education major in the Theory, Composition and Conducting Faculty;
– To do research work in the field of instrumental and performing arts;
– To lead various amateur and professional instrumental formations;
– To carry out all activities requiring higher musical education.