Period of study:
– 1 academic year, full time, for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in harp;
– 2 academic years, full time, for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in another major.
A total of 60 credits per academic year is required to receive a Master’s degree. They are accumulated from the compulsory (70%), elective (20%) and optional (10%) subjects.
Courses of study:
Compulsory: Harp – academic major; Chamber music; Symphony orchestra; History of art; Defense of a Master’s thesis
Elective: Approaches and work on a research project; Pedagogy; Praxis in music teaching; Basics of multimedia; Musical acoustics; History of jazz; Ethics, Educational psychology; Philosophy of music; Music psychology
Optional: Foreign language; Philosophy; Sports.
Professional qualifications and career opportunities:
– To perform as soloists, chamber music instrumentalists, soloists and members of symphony and opera orchestras and other musical ensembles;
– To train students in harp and chamber music at higher education institutions, children’s music schools, secondary vocational schools, secondary schools of music, etc.;
– To teach the subject of Music at secondary comprehensive and vocational schools after passing the exams in the course package for the Musical Pedagogy major in the Theory, Composition and Conducting Faculty;
– To do research work in the field of instrumental and performing arts;
– To lead various amateur and professional instrumental formations;
– To carry out all activities requiring higher musical education.